NIL TU,O Child and Family Services
NIȽ/TU,O’s goals are to ensure the safety, protection, and well being of our children in today’s society; working together to maintain the traditional values of the extended family. This means that each individual child’s physical, spiritual, emotional, and psychological needs are met. While adults we are showing mutual: respect, love, patience, and nurturing for our children through involvement of the entire community.
- Prevention and support services
- Residential services
- Community services to assist in caring for and protecting children
- Voluntary and special needs services
- The development of a full range of First Nations family care homes
Examples of services:
- Counselling to support children and family members affected by family violence or dysfunctional family environments;
- In-home support to assist parents in organizing and maintaining the family unit and carrying out parental responsibilities;
- Respite care to relieve parents temporarily from parental responsibilities in order to allow for their recovery from the stress and challenges of parenting;
- Parenting, budgeting and life skills program;
- Other child and family services identified by communities
For information on Early Years programming please contact phone number above.